The D&D has quite an interesting history.
That is why we have chosen to add it to our
And if there is anyone out there who knows
more about our history, or has some old pictures
or stories, please email us about it so we could
add thoses as well.
D&D was built by friends Daly and Dooley in 1943.
Originally the two store rooms in the back was an
apartment where old loggers, sheepherders, etc..
were welcome to use the facilities to shower and
clean up before they went down the street to the
The kitchen was also in the back of the bar then.
Up in the front of the bar used to be a barber shop.
But no one knows when the barber shop was
taken out, or when the kitchen was moved up to
the front of the bar.
About 1970 John Daly passed away. His brother
went into the bank to check on the accounts and
he died. Neither brother had ever married. There
was a sister in who lived in ireland.
The D&D was sold to Ralph Sherman and Ernie
Steinlecht by the sister and they owned it until
Judie Bell bought the D&D in May of 1985,
The year 2000 marks Judies 15th anniversary as
owner of the D&D. Many congrats to Judie for
making D&D a nice and respectful place for
people to go and enjoy themselves.
In 1998 Lucretia Paustian (Creak) and Leilani Farrier
became partners, both had worked for Judie many
years. Judie retired in January of 2001 and Creak
and Leilani now own the D & D.